ECON 290: Career Preparation for ECON majors
Do you love what you are learning as Economics major, but feel unprepared for a career in economics?
The Economics Department is offering a one-credit course to help prepare students for a career in economics. Alumnus and Economics major Michael Norwood draws on his 28 years of financial industry experience as well as lessons learned on the UNC basketball team.
- Build real-life core transferrable skills for careers right out of college as well as for jobs years down the road may not have even been created yet.
- Develop technical/practical skills as well as leadership and teamwork attributes.
- Meet guest speakers from the business community who can further elaborate what employers are looking for in the current hiring environment.
About the Instructor
Michael Norwood, brings two important sources of expertise to the course:
- He spent 28 years in the financial industry, first with Merrill Lynch and then the last 15 years starting and running his own successful investment firm.
- He also draws on his experience of playing basketball here at the University of North Carolina under legendary coaches Dean Smith and Roy Williams.